Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks are undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
- Every post in the Academy is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- The school undertakes regular audits of its practice
- The Head teacher reports on such matters on a termly basis to the Governing Body
- Safeguarding governor undertakes their own independent inspection of our Single Central Record
- Training has been given to all staff regarding serious case reviews
- All staff receive an annual training update in this area; additional courses are attended by staff
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed here.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Steve Davis (Headteacher). Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are Mrs Angela Baxter, Mrs Liz Brodie, Mrs Gwen Durnford, Mrs Sarah Goodenough and Ms Amy Palmer. The Governor with responsibility for safeguarding in our school in Lucinda Meagher.
The West Sussex Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) can be contacted on 01403 229900 or out of hours on 0330 222 6664, email MASH@westsussex.gcsx.gov.uk