Job opportunities at Warden Park Primary
TEACHING ASSISTANT (SPECIAL NEEDS)
REQUIRED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, INITIALLY FIXED TERM UNTIL JULY 2021
SALARY RANGE: SLT SUPPORT SCALE 4 (£17,196 - £19,466 PRO RATA)
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and wishes to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant primarily to support an individual pupil in Y4. The post, initially fixed term until July 2021, is for 28.5 hours per week (8:30 – 12:10 and 13:00 – 15:00, Monday to Friday), actual pro rata salary £11,004 pa. In addition, this role will include supervision of children at lunchtime – a total of 1.5 hours per week, term time only, paid at £8.75 an hour.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the challenges faced by children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Be able to recognise the strengths and talents of a child and use these to support their learning
- Be able to support an individual pupil to access the curriculum within a mainstream class.
- Teach small groups of children interventions eg. Speech and language and social skills
- Contribute towards ILP Reviews, Annual Reviews and target setting.
- Have a passion and motivation for improving the lives of all children.
- Have an optimistic attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job.
- Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative.
- Be patient and able to stay calm and listen and value children’s views.
- Have experience of some behaviour management techniques.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be expected to contribute to its development.
- Have the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality
- Be suitably qualified for the post of Teaching Assistant ie to have good basic literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or above) and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other
We would welcome applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications. If you are passionate about making a positive impact to children's learning and are interested in applying for this role, please download further information and an application from below. Please return your completed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and DBS clearance.
Visits to our school are highly recommended and most welcome by prior appointment with the school office – 01444 45126 or email@example.com.
Closing Date/shortlisting: Tuesday 31st March (noon)
Interviews: Friday 2nd April
TRUSTEES REQUIRED FOR SUSSEX LEARNING TRUST
Sussex Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust responsible for Warden Park Secondary Academy, Warden Park Primary Academy and Northlands Wood Primary Academy. The Trust has also been approved by the Department for Education to open a new Free School in Haywards Heath to meet demand for new primary school places.
We are looking for local people with an interest in education to join our experienced and committed Board of Trustees and help the Trust deliver world class education to its students. This is a highly rewarding role allowing you to play a part in ensuring the young people in our Trust receive the very best opportunities in their education.
The role of Trustees is to:
- Set the strategic direction of the Trust, including setting the vision and development plan
- Hold senior leaders to account for the educational performance of academies and their students, and support Local Governing Bodies in their work
- Oversee the financial performance of each academy, of the Trust overall and assuring value for money
We currently have three vacancies and will look to appoint at least one Trustee with one of the
following areas of expertise:
- Primary and/or secondary education
- Financial management and/or audit
Skills and experience in other areas of business, including Legal/HR/PR or Marketing, would be beneficial but not essential.
Our Trustees are subject to the duties and responsibilities of charity trustees and company directors. Trustees will be required to attend an average of 6 Board meetings per year, which are normally held on Wednesday afternoons/early evenings in Cuckfield. Trustees should be able to devote sufficient time to reading papers, undertaking training and making occasional visits to academies within the Trust to improve their knowledge or monitor the Trust’s performance. A Trustee’s term of office is four years. The role is unpaid.
For further information, including the Trustee role description and an application form, please contact Natalie Shelford (Clerk to the Trustees) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 6 March 2020.
Job opportunities at Warden Park Secondary
Warden Park Secondary Academy has an exciting opportunity for volunteers to work with a range of learners who have a learning/additional support need and require a reader/scribe during examinations and to support assessment work. Full training to provide this support to their learners will be provided.
Volunteers should have a good academic ability, preferably with previous experience working with young people or within education, and appreciate the importance of confidentiality.
Volunteers will be asked to complete and return a Warden Park Support Staff application form available on our website (www.wardenpark.co.uk) and also provide the names and full contact details (including email addresses) of two professional referees. All successful volunteers will also be subject to a Health Assessment.
Warden Park Secondary Academy is part of the Sussex Learning Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful volunteers will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
For further information please contact Mandy Bell, Volunteer Co-ordinator in Additional Needs, at Warden Park Secondary Academy by email email@example.com or telephone 01444 457881 ext. 280.