Job opportunities at Warden Park Primary
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING VACANCIES AT THE PRIMARY ACADEMY
TEACHING ASSISTANT – Y6
REQUIRED FROM JANUARY 2020 MONDAY - FRIDAY, 8.30–12.10 & 13:00–15:00, TERM TIME ONLY
GRADE 4 POINTS 14 -19: £17,196 - £19,466 FTE
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and wishes to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support Year 6 pupils. The post is for 28 hours 20 minutes per week (8:30–12:10 and 13.00–15.00, Monday to Friday). The actual pro rata salary will be £10,938-£12,382 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, this role will include supervision of children at lunchtime for 1 hour 40 mins per week, paid on point 10 £16,189 fte (actual pro rata salary £621.10). The expectation is also that 1 or 2 INSET days per academic year are attended if the training programme is relevant.
This post is initially fixed term until July 2020 but potentially will be made a permanent post for the right candidate. Applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications are desirable.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have experience of teaching groups of children in either KS1 or KS2;
- Be able to support individual pupils to access the curriculum within a mainstream class;
- Support individual pupils on a one-to-one basis or in a small group to develop their social, language and motor skills;
- Be expected to deliver intervention programmes to groups of children across KS2 or SEN.
- Have a passion and motivation for improving the lives of all children;
- Have an optimistic attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job;
- Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative;
- Be patient and able to stay calm and listen and value children’s views;
- Be able to work as part of a team and be expected to contribute to its development;
- Contribute towards IEP Reviews, Annual Reviews and target setting;
- Have the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality;
- Be suitably qualified for the post of Teaching Assistant i.e. to have good basic literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or above) and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Have experience of some behaviour management techniques.
In return we can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture;
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care;
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other;
- The opportunity for the right candidate to join a School’s Direct Teacher Training programme at a future date.
If you are looking for a role that will challenge and test your skillset and you would like to join our team, please see the information below and download an application form. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions or would like to arrange a tour/visit please contact our school office on 01444 451264.
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date and so early applications are encouraged.
Closing Date:10 Jan 2020, 15:30 Shortlisting: 10 Jan 2020 Interview Date: Weds 15 Jan 2020
Job opportunities at Warden Park Secondary
Warden Park Secondary Academy has an exciting opportunity for volunteers to work with a range of learners who have a learning/additional support need and require a reader/scribe during examinations and to support assessment work. Full training to provide this support to their learners will be provided.
Volunteers should have a good academic ability, preferably with previous experience working with young people or within education, and appreciate the importance of confidentiality.
Volunteers will be asked to complete and return a Warden Park Support Staff application form available on our website (www.wardenpark.co.uk) and also provide the names and full contact details (including email addresses) of two professional referees. All successful volunteers will also be subject to a Health Assessment.
Warden Park Secondary Academy is part of the Sussex Learning Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful volunteers will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
For further information please contact Mandy Bell, Volunteer Co-ordinator in Additional Needs, at Warden Park Secondary Academy by email email@example.com or telephone 01444 457881 ext. 280.
Teacher training opportunities within Sussex Learning Trust
Both Warden Park Secondary and Primary Academies are part of the Inspire Teaching Alliance and we are very keen to promote teaching as a career to our local community.
If you or any of your friends and family are interested in training to teach in a local primary or secondary school that is linked to Warden Park then you may be want to know that The Inspire Teaching School Alliance is recruiting for September 2018 for applicants in a range of subjects/phases. We are looking for recent graduates, career changers and those wanting to re-start their working career to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with young people in our communities. Contrary to some press reporting, teaching remains a rewarding and fulfilling profession. We are looking for those with the drive and resilience to really make a difference. We will support you with high quality placements in primary and secondary schools in our Inspire Teaching School alliance that is recognised for its excellent outcomes and prospects for employment.
For more information, please visit our website: http://inspiretsa.co.uk/Opportunities/TrainToTeach
If you would like to get in touch. please contact Vanessa Milne: firstname.lastname@example.org