PE and Sports Premium
Warden Park Primary Academy received £9,025 for the academic year 2016/17
- £6, 000 - 1 day per week of specialist PE teaching. Budgeted for 2 yrs.
- £1, 500 – towards swimming costs (all KS2 children to swim, one class per term).
- £1, 500 – subscription to Mid-Sussex Active. See attached paper.
Impact on participation rates in sport?
- All KS2 children access swimming lessons during the academic year.
- Increased number of enrichment activities, including before and after school clubs.
- Increased participation in local competitions and tournaments planned.
- Tournaments and sports festivals to be held at the school, increasing the involvement of the whole community.
Which classes benefit?
Specialist PE teaching planned across the year on a rolling programme
- Autumn – Y1/2/3
- Spring – Y4/5
- Summer – EY/6
- Those children less likely to participate in traditional team sports. By including ‘alternative’ sports – handball, curling, archery and tennis.
- Younger children – hosting tournaments and competition for KS1.
- All school teams to be prepared more adequately for local and inter school competitions by planning the teaching of certain sports and events in the run-up to competitions.
- Specialist PE teaching used as a CPD tool for teachers and teaching assistants. Staff learn from specialist by observing, teaching alongside and planning together.
- Staff to increasingly become involved with the leading of enrichment activities.
- PE leader to take on the planning and scheduling of local competitions.